Brandenburger Tor

The Brandenburg Gate (Brandenburger Tor) is the only remainig city gate, the true symbol of Berlin and the division of the city. After breaking down the Wall, the Brandenburger Tor was reopened on December 22nd 1989.

The sandstone construction was built from 1788 to 1791 by C.G. Langhans. It is based on the propylaeum of the Acropolis in Athen. In 1794 the Brandenburger Tor was finished by the quadriga and the goddess of victory, who looks eastward to the city centre.

Since October 22nd 2002 the Brandenburger Tor is closed for cars, cabs and busses.

distance to vaporetto

10 minutes

Homepage

http://www.brandenburgertor.de/